Who is welcome at Sholom Preschool?
Sholom Preschool programs and classes are open to all children regardless of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion or gender.
What will my child learn at Sholom Preschool?
Our faculty encourages and directs children in ways that allow them to become active learners. We strive to integrate academic and developmental skills into everything we do. Sholom Preschool provides time and nurturing to encourage the children's understanding of a variety of concepts.
As educators, we believe that children who are interested and engaged learn best. Children can find many ways to take in and share information. Our teachers guide them to the resources they need in order to do so. We are proud to provide you with a group of teachers who are experienced and proven professionals dedicated to early childhood education.
The children at Sholom Preschool learn both Jewish and secular subjects integrated into their daily activities. Our regular teachers are fluent in both English and Hebrew. The children learn the skills needed to interact with each other in a respectful manner and develop a respect and tolerance for the differences in people.
One- and Two- year olds (minimum age is 12 months)
Our youngest students will learn about themselves and the world around them.
- Taking turns
- Using utensils, markers, paint brushes - fine motor skills
- Sitting for meals
- Colors and shapes
- Types of transportation
- Farms and animals
- Gross motor skills - dancing, balancing and hopping
- Follow multi-step directions
- Indoor versus outdoor behavior
Three - year olds
Our three's will continue to learn about themselves and interacting with each other and be presented with much more information about the world around them.
- Days of the week
- Months of the year
- Use of a calendar
- Introduction of letters and numbers
- Recognition of their own names
- Taking turns
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Food and its sources
- Smells, sounds, tastes, and textures
- Appropriate self expression
Kindergarten Prep (Pre K)
To prepare the children for their upcoming kindergarten experiences, we will explore the world in much greater depth.
- Classroom manners and behaviors
- Group play
- Develop the confidence to ask questions
- People and where they live
- Transportation and the methods used to visit people and places
- Recognize and write letters
- Sounds of the letters
- Basic blending of sounds
- Basic concepts of sentence structure
- Understanding concepts of quantity and math operations
- Develop the love of learning